What do local Councillors do?

What do local Councillors do? Lyminge Parish Council has 13 councillors who represent 3 wards – Lyminge, Etchinghill and Rhodes Minnis. Councillors are elected and are unpaid. The next election is May 2019.  There is a legal requirement for councillors to attend a minimum number of meetings and to abide by a Members’ Code of […]

Online Scams

Learn all about how to protect yourself from online Scams and download Kent Trading Standards Advertorial  

2016 Good Citizen Awards Photographs

Click here to find out more about the recipients The Parish Council extends grateful thanks to John Piddock for being the photographer on all three occasions. Photographs taken at the Awards Evening on Saturday 24th September, on Monday 10th October and Thursday 13th October 2016 

All Council Meetings 2017

  Council – Agenda      Minutes These are the Agendas and Unconfirmed Minutes for 2017 January 2017   9 January – General Purposes                 – Agenda      Minutes 18 January – Finance & Administration   – Agenda      Minutes 30 January – Council                 […]

Annual Parish Meetings

Annual Parish Meetings   26th May 2016     Agenda     Minutes    Chairman’s Report Yearend Accounts @ 31.03.16 Receipts & Payments,  Provisions & Reserves,   Notes Reports:  District Councillor,   KCC Councillor, Community Warden, Lyminge Guides, Friends of Court Lodge Green 21st March 2015    Agenda      Minutes     Chairman’s Report Yearend Accounts @ 31.03.15  Receipts & Payments,  Provisions & Reserves Reports: 15th May 2014       Agenda      Minutes     Chairman’s […]

How do I report faults on Kent’s roads and pavements?

  Highway Fault Reporting     KCC has improved its web based means of reporting faults on roads and pavements in Kent via: http://www.kent.gov.uk/roads-and-travel/report-a-problem     If you think that a situation may be an emergency, please call KCC immediately on 03000 41 81 81 to report it.    Please keep reporting any faults direct to KCC. […]

How do I arrange for a collection of a bulky refuse item?

Shepway District Council offers a special collection service for the removal of bulky household items and a separate service for the collection of old fridges and freezers. There are small charges for each service. The quickest and easiest way to arrange a special collection is over the telephone, with payment by credit or debit card. Contact […]

How do I become a Councillor?

Parish councillors are elected by the public and serve four-year terms. Following elections, councils appoint a chair, or town mayor in town councils. Parish councillors were unpaid positions until 04 when allowance schemes were introduced to encourage more people to stand. Allowances, which tend not to be very large, are at the discretion of the […]

How do I bring a matter to the attention of the Council?

You might be concerned about any number of matters and you can bring your concerns to the Council by: 1. Contacting the Clerk.  Do this as soon as you become aware of a problem – the sooner an issue is reported the sooner the chance of it being resolved.  In appropriate cases, where the Parish Council […]